Sunday, March 29, 2015

Abuelo's: Explore Your Town Series 3

Abuelo's is my 3rd post for the "Explore Your Town Series." I can also FINALLY recommend at least one local restaurant to fellow travels that I meet through work. (lol)



Abuelo's is located in the Crestview Hills Town Center, in Northern Kentucky. Originally, I went for 2 reasons:
1) I love Mexican food, &
2) My friend said their guacamole was "life changing."

Their guac was indeed life changing, and their salsas were amazing, and their queso was equally delicious. Like all Mexican restaurants, our server brought out our complimentary chips and salsa. Only, we were graced with 3 salsas:

The verde salsa was very mild, but oh so good, then the bright red salsa was the mild salsa, and the dark red salsa was your spicy salsa. I looove spicy salsa, and this did not disappoint. I honestly could not get enough of any of them though. 
We also ordered guacamole and queso. The negative to the queso was how incredibly runny it was. I had queso drops all over the table, and I was being careful. However, the guac truly was life changing. It was the FRESHEST guac I have ever had. 
(Excuse the pathetic guac picture. I had eaten most before I realized I needed a picture for the blog)

The Main Courses: 

My boyfriend ordered a burrito, and his only complaint was that it wasn't enough food for him. I opted for the "choose 3," option of their enchiladas, of which I ordered a cheese enchilada, chicken and spinach. I could taste how fresh, clean and good the chicken was. Of course, the traditional sides were mexican rice and refried beans, but they also offered mashed potatoes. We both opted for the traditional sides. I wanted to do the choose 3 enchiladas so I could report back to you all what was good and what wasn't, but honestly, I can't wait to go back and try even more. Have I gotten across that this place DID NOT disappoint?! 
Durango Burrito

Choose 3 Enchiladas

Of course, I sampled a margarita for everyone:



I ordered the La Grandeza Margarita, which was their house margarita. It was honestly one of the best margaritas I've ever had, and on top of that, it was freaking huge, obviously, for less than $7.

Their menu is a variety of "Tex-Mex." So, there's something for everyone. The prices were reasonable, google has them as "average." AND, they are actually a Texas-based restaurant. So, check their locations for a spot near you!

Go check out some new spots, enjoy your city, and see what you can find!!

Happy travels (local and abroad!)!!

xo,
*Dee*





No comments:

Post a Comment